There is now 3 main sectors for psychobloc in Kalymnos. If it’s not as good as in Majorca in Spain, it’s not crowded and you don’t have to wait for a line.The crags are very safe and the rock is very clean. There is climbs from the F6a to potential F8. They are no gelly-fishes. It’s the perfect choice when the weather is to hot and to much damp.
In Kantouni: New!
Beautiful grey rock, it will remind you the Odyssey sectore. You can go with a boat or by foot from the main path to go in Saint Photis ( access under construction, will need ropes to rich the crags) From the grade 5 to the 7c? 15 to 20m hight. Protect from the south wind.
Deep water solo in Kantouni…
Like you were climbing in Odyssey but without any ropes! Here in a 6c+…
The beautifuls crags of Kantouni.
At the very end of the island: New!
Just before Leros, you need a boat to go there. It’s a very beautiful orange, red and white rock with some stalactites. Protect from the north wind. More than 20m hight. All levels of climb, and some possible grades 8.
From the grades 6a to the grades 8, everibody can enjoy it!
! If you can go in Vathy any days, the sea have to be realy oily for the 2 other spots !
The well know sector is very good for dyscovering deep water solo and very nice to enjoy the place and the coffees in the harbour. It’s a good test before to try the other adventurous spots. From the grade 5 to the F8b.
You can rent boats for 5 persons: 100e, or for 4: 75e for the half day. You don’t need a licence to drive it.
To rent a boat: (+30) 69 34 1000 53 or (+30) 69 464 59 159
- Take some water glasses to check the deepness of the water,
- STAY FAR AWAY FROM THE ROCK WITH THE BOAT: Jump in the water and swim, if not you could damage the boat very easily!
- ALWAYS one person have to stay in the boat,
- Be sure that the lifes jacket are close and be ready to jump or to throw the lifebuoy to help your friend,
- Don’t forget solar cream and a good hat for the boat. A taw can be usefull,
- In case of problem, you can call the owner of the boat, he will know what to do.
Watch on you tube the video of Neil Gresham attempting an unclimbed 8b deep water solo in Vathy!