Improve your climbing skills
Move efficiently, build confidence on the rock,
Enjoy a selection of the best routes of Kalymnos in your level
For climbers from 5b to 6b
For climbers from 5b to 6b
Here is a suggestion:
Arrival at Kos or Kalymnos Airport
Odyssea. Evaluation of your existing safety and climbing skills, develop your skills further,
your first steps on stalactites!
Dinner with the climbing group at the local shepherd’s restaurant under Grande Grotta or at the
port at the local fisherman’s restaurant.
Poets/Kalydna – Learn and train efficient climbing techniques and skills, build confidence,
balance & footwork, enjoy climbing with view on Telendos!
Telendos island – Practice your climbing skills and enjoy climbing above the sea!
Rest day. Possibilities of kayak, bicycle, scuba diving, beach…
Arginonta: climb on the red rock of Arginonta with the blue/turquoise sea. Train, build
your confidence and enjoy superb and colourful climbing routes!
Climb next to Grande Grotta, the symbol of rock-climbing in Kalymnos and red-point your
Dinner at the port with homemade food, fresh fish and view on Telendos!
A climbing day is around 7 hours, generally from 9am to 4pm.
This schedule can be modified according to the weather and different orientation of the crags, in order to be in the sun or the shade, etc.
No outdoor climbing experience required
Minimum number of participants: 2
Maximum number of participants: 6 persons
Closest Airports: Kalymnos and Kos*
*From Kos Airport: Regular ferries from the port of Mastichari (Kos island) to Kalymnos.
– Restaurant: a complete meal (of delicious greek cuisine and generous portions). From 10€
– Cook yourself: most of the accommodation have kitchenette and there is always a minimarket at a walking distance from your room.
Kalymnos offers you different choice of accommodations, according to your budget and number of persons.
– Studios or B&B : from 25 euros/night for 2 persons. Facilities: private balcony with seaview, full equipped kitchen, bathroom and WIFI.
– Hotel: from 45 euros/night, including breakfast. Facilities: private balcony with sea view, bathroom, safe deposit box, sitting room, refrigerators, WIFI, Satellite TV, air condition and swimming pool.
– Apartment or house: ideal for family or group of friends, from 50 to 100€/day. Facilities: private balcony with sea view, full equipped kitchen, living room, bathroom, washing machine, 2 bedrooms (or more), WIFI, air condition, TV.
All accommodations are at a walking distance of minimarkets, restaurants, scooter rental, cafes, shops, beach and part of climbing sectors.
I saw great improvements on my technique
“Simon is a great coach, very flexible and truly a joy to spend climbing days with. I saw great improvements on my technique but also overall philosophy of climbing.
Being able to speak so many languages makes it so easy to go along with international friends.”
Eirini Rapti, FB, 26th April 2017
I would strongly recommend Simon to anyone
“I hired Simon for a week in 2012 for my first ever experience of Sport climbing. I had the most amazing week and now go back to Kalymnos every year. Simon taught me everything I needed to know about Sport climbing and gave me huge amounts of encouragement, confidence and local knowledge. Sadly, on my return trips, I have never climbed quite as well as I did with Simon tutoring me! I would strongly recommend Simon to anyone. His knowledge of the island is unparalleled – and he is an incredible climber too.”
Serena Lambre, 03/Feb/2014